The Newseltter!

Recommended Products from Amazon!

300 Search

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Behind the Scenes -- Secret 300 Movie Review

The thing that's cool about "300" to me is that though it's a Frank Miller work, as an event in history, it's one of the seminal events. Everyone knows about it. I mean, any historian will tell you about Thermopylae, a famous crossroads in history. And so for that matter, it is a worthwhile story to tell, and I think that Frank, like myself, is inspired by that same story. I think and my hope is that in some ways it has accessibility in a broader world than "Sin City." Though I'm a huge fan of "Sin City," I feel like my father can go see "300" and go like, "That's awesome!" and see a fight for democracy, and I can go see it and go "Oh yeah, there's girls kissing!"

Keep reading...

No comments:

Google Analytics